WORK IN PROGRESS
Climate Change Solutions
NOTES on methods that seem to be working
See: Climate Change Denial | Climate Change Project | Workshops 2018 | The Metadesign Research Centre | Virus Strategies
- dare to think beyond the possible
- dare to think beyond the norm
- don't look for immediate solutions - look for opportunities
- choose an opportunity-finding approach (rather than a 'problem solving' approach)
- Find new opportunities hidden in our 'blindspot
- envision ways to clarify and ‘re-future’ them
- make the visions more attractive
- share / evolve them with all
Make Poverty Desirable
- Empower the poor and show the wealthy how 'poverty-based' strategies bring more abundance and fun (i.e success).
- the peasant school in San Chorquiz, Caracas.
Act for the Living Planet
- Client Earth became thinkable when Peter Singer outlined the principle of equal consideration of non-human interests within ethics. They now sue governments and companies over their climate change policies.
- Lemkinism is our term for describing how to change social perceptions by inventing a new name for something that has gone unnoticed, or is under-valued.
- Katherine Heyhoe's non-antagonistic approach
- "theological conservatism, scientific skepticism, political affiliation, and sociocultural influences have reinforced one another to instill climate skepticism into the evangelical tribe mentality, thus creating a formidable barrier to climate education efforts."
- "About six minutes of the 33- to 53-minute lectures were devoted to theology-based ethics."
- Trim-tab concept
- The 4 levels of courage tool can reduce the common tendency for ordinary citizens to underestimate their potential as trim-tabs.