Seventh Meta-Circles Meeting
29th January 2020 at Goldsmiths, University of London
- Alf and Stacey met with John and began by agreeing to continue thinking about a unique paper publication.
- Also wondered whether ONE version (of notes / communication / publication) could be a TIDDLYWIKI page.
- e.g. see : Otto van Nieuwenhuijze's conference page
- Could it have advantages for dyslexics?
- Instead of user experiencing the journey between many 'pages', TiddlyWiki s/he remains on one page.
- Is this format adaptive? (e.g. to visually-minded metadesigners)
- Alf will check out this TiddlyWiki introductory video
Initial Design Concepts
- Purpose: - to gather and share information across the Metadesigners Network
- Problem: - how can we elicit news & gossip with minimum effort / time required by members?
- Strategy: - could Network membership come with minimum commitment to communicate?
- Example: AGREEMENT ("Tick this Box"):"I agree to complete a 2-part questionnaire each month"
Answer this question and add a brief provocation: e.g.
- Q1: "What have you done this month?" (i.e. news / gossip / update)
- Q2: Please submit ONE Catalyser / Provocation / Question / Keyword / Announcement / Proposition
- This could be anything (artefact / question / problem / keyword / image / issue / song / recipe etc). that invites response by others.
- Any further response (e.g. to someone else's catalyser/proposition etc.) would be voluntary.
- If our format is designed correctly, entries are likely to invite one of the following responses"
- A related thing (companion artefact / keyword / image etc)
- A context / background situation that matches the catalyser/proposition/question etc.
- A solution/answer to the problem/question.
- But if this is the basis of a TiddlyWiki visual map format it could grow by itself
- (see START)
NEXT MEETING: Wed 5-02-202 at Birdy NumNums