Sixth Meta-Circles Meeting
20th December 2019 at Goldsmiths, University of London
The Informal Meeting
- Alfredo had already returned home for the vacation
- Stacey and John met informally to discuss possibilities and plans for the New Year.
- They both agreed to a longer term commitment leading to the running of an international Metadesign Network
- (This would be subject to success with technical issues, such as funding, individual visas and employment etc.)
- We noted the (Stacey's & Alfredo's) shared interest in a publication with physical (non-digital) format
- One straightforward option is to publish an annual compendium featuring submissions by all/any Network Members
- designed to be purchased and archived by libraries
- could be collated and designed over a 2 day team-session (?)
- by inviting each member to contribute X number of pages, this would elicit news (& contributions) to the Metadesign venture
- Might approaching Goldsmiths Press be a straightforward, time-saving way to publish?
- N.B. Stuart Bannocks is on the Editorial Board
- We agreed to invite Stuart to our first meeting in 2020