TUFF Climate Workshop Planning Meeting 8
31st August 2018 in the Hexagon Room
For MA Design students
- We started with a discussion on 'head' knowing and 'heart' knowing (see the slides in workshop meeting 3
- We illustrated different social models by comparing the meanings of several words (led by Li Haoda)
- 亲情 (the Chinese word Qin Qing) - see end notes in glossary entry for 'jeong'
- 关系 (the Chinese word Guanxi) - see end notes in glossary entry for 'jeong'
- 정 (the Korean word 'Jeong') - see article on using 'Jeong' in design discussions
- None of these words appear to have equivalent words in European languages (to our knowledge).
- Tine noted that UK is a 'volunteering' culture (but, by definition, this is an individual-led initiative).
- We then discussed how Climate Change Denial is related to different levels of knowing (i.e. head / heart)