Re-imagining the Neighbourhood
metadesign workshops and presentations in Tokyo
Re-imagining the neighbourhood
A local event
- Metadesigners Japan explored ways to enhance the Shiba-no-ie community (22nd-23rd Feb)
- February 22nd, 11.00 - 18.00: 1-Day Workshop
- February 23rd, 17.30 - 19.00: Evening Lecture & Discussion
- Prof. Rüdiger Meyer argued that some planning laws stifle community interaction.
- Prof. John Wood outlined possible methods for synergizing bottom-up and top-down systems.
- Shiba-no Ie Neighbourhood Café
- Shiba Cho 3-26-10, Minato Ku, Tokyo
Day 1: METADESIGN WORKSHOP
The first day focused on the needs, constraints and opportunities of the Shiba neighborhood as an exemplary case for today's urban communities in Japan.
We co-developed scenarios for a more sustainable and resilient community.
By introducing Metadesign tools and methods, we explored possibilities in the domains of healthcare, mobility and community living from social, environmental, economical and technological perspectives.
Day 2: METADESIGN PRESENTATION
At the second day, John Wood introduced some of the principles of Metadesigning. Members and visitors in the local community discussed this in order to initiate a possible agenda for future projects and collaboration.
- To register for future workshops and for more information, please visit:
Metadesigners Network Japan Team:
- Mariko Nakamura
- Tomohide Mizuuchi
- Jan Lindenberg