Developing a phone app
We are now working on the software for this Open Source system
NOTES - work in progress
Based on snippets gleaned from our technical director, Jonny Bradley - who is an established and prominent developer with the TikiWiki CMS Group community
Networking theories / developments
- Connecting to random individuals (within a given group?) - see Chatroulette
- Check out http://tiki.nospaces.net on a mobile device to see the work in progress.
- See http://dev.tiki.org/Mobile
- Jonny is developing co-authorship protocols that will also work on a on a mobile device.
- It will automatically change the layout to use the new mobile interfaces (e.g. slidey lists, etc.)
- JQuery mobile is a development of jQuery.
- This is already fully integrated in Tiki, and will jump in when a device is detected.
- Zend will do the actual detecting of the device (non-trivial)
- Phonegap is probably the bit that we actually want, but required the bits above first.
- It allows you to create native apps on many platforms, and what this build is what users will actually install and run, which in turn will connect with metadesigners.org
Return to home