A Sampler List of Workshop Tools
This list was compiled for the launch of our Metadesign Research Centre Wales at Swansea College of Art UWTSD on 27th June 2019. The launch was run in collaboration with the ATiC project. After meeting the attendees on the previous day we were able to choose a small handful, for demonstration purposes. Our context was also the aims of the Well-being of Future Generations Act (2015). See our glossary | some other tools. The agenda also mapped onto Mathilda's previous day's workshop that took participants on a journey from 'me-to-world-to-we-to-world'.
- A LANGUAGING WORKSHOP
- See our brief glossary notes for 'languaging'
- LIMBERING UP
- INDIVIDUALISM & WELLBEING
- N.B. the notion of 'self-interest'? can be a useful background to collective wellbeing.
- We had a discussion about possible differences between Asian and Western notions of self.
- This led to John 's claim that these paradigmatic differences (in the linguistic sense of the word) lead to paradigmatic differences at the cultural and behavioural levels.
- (for more details, see his chapter about a relational approach to product design add 'Jeong' to the designer's discourse.
- Finding your element is a more hands-on perspective (i.e. when your individual identity and wellbeing is strongly shaped by the habits and tasks you adore)
- languaging one's situation 'on-the-fly'
- INDIVIDUAL TASKS
- INTRODUCING DUETS
- DUETS TEST
- The concept of Sympoiesis
- ANNOUNCING QUARTETS
- BECOMING A QUARTET
- AUGMENTED QUARTETS
THE WELLBEING OF FUTURE GENERATIONS ACT (2015)
The 7 Criteria:
- A globally responsible Wales
- A prosperous Wales
- A Wales of vibrant culture and thriving Welsh Language
- A resilient Wales
- A Wales of cohesive communities
- A healthier Wales
- A more equal Wales
- The whole event will be
- We will welcome guests including individual experts, enterprises and charities working within the life sciences sector.
- The scope of the Act includes, but is broader than:
- environmental sustainability
- racial equality.